Ethernet LANs are highly vulnerable to the harmful effects of data line transient surges: Lightning strikes, induced voltages from elevator motors and florescent lights, static discharges and even the normal functioning of UPS devices can all pose a threat to Ethernet data and hardware.
- Novell Approved for NetWare Versions 2.2 and 3.11
- Meets the IEEE 802.3 Specification
- Connects Directly to DB-15 AUI Ports
- Combined Surge Handling Capacity of 7,200 Watts
- Protects Transparently - Won't Hinder Network Performance
- Surge Energy Diverted to Chassis Ground through Both DB-15 Shells
- Performs Consistently - Won't Degrade With Repeated Surges
- Fail Safe Design Guards Network in Case of a Severe Surge
- Made in the USA — This Patton equipment is designed by Patton engineers and built in our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility. Patton's American-made manufacturing process delivers high-quality networking solutions with reliability you can trust.
AC surge protection is important, but it doesn't offer complete protection. Your Ethernet data lines need to be guarded as well. Our Model 534 connects directly to DB-15 AUI ports on interface cards, hubs and repeaters. Protecting DB-15 pins 1 thru 6, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13 and 14 (pins 1, 4, 8 ,11 and 14 are electrically connected on both ends), the Model 534 intercepts transient voltages and sends them safely to ground through both DB-15 connector shells.
The Patton EPG Model 534 uses Silicon Avalanche Diode technology, so performance won't degrade with repeated hits. Special solid state hybrid circuitry allows the Model 534 to operate transparently, without degrading the performance of the 802.3 network. In fact, multiple protectors may be added to the network without noticeable loss of performance. If the Model 534 should encounter a severe surge (above its rated capacity of 600 Watts per wire), it will send all signals to ground as it fails, thereby "sacrificing itself" to protect the network. You simply replace the protector - instead of having to replace hundreds of dollars in network hardware!
Ordering information for this product is not publicly available at this time.
Please accept our apology as we regret any inconvenience to you.
For more information
about the availability of this product and/or alternative solutions,
please contact Patton's Product Management team at
firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 301 975 1000