The Patton Model 3088FR NTU combines the latest advances in high-speed DSL technology—G.SHDSL—with a potent Frame Relay and ATM core facilitating seamless connection of legacy Frame Relay devices to high-speed ATM networks.
- Frame Relay to ATM—Connect FRADS, routers or any Frame Relay devices to high-speed ATM networks using inexpensive DSLAM ports
- Flexible Interfaces—V.35, X.21, or T1/E1 interface options offers flexibility for all inteconnection requirements.
- Interoperable with DSLAMs—Take advantage of Patton reliability whether you connect back-to-back or to a third-party DSLAM.
- LEDs & V.52/V.54 Diagnostics—Easy-to-access toggle switches let you test the link with built-in test modes. LEDs provide clear status at-a-glance
- WWW/SNMP Manageable—Built-in VT-100 console port makes setup a snap, and you can use the embedded HTTP/SNMP agent to manage the Model 3088FR from anywhere in the world.
Offering Frame Relay-to-ATM conversion using FRF.5 and FRF.8 internetworking, the 3088FR provides standards-based subscriber interfaces with a choice of synchronous-serial V.35, X.21, or T1/E1 ports. The 3088FR connects seamlessly to any third-party DSLAM, or to another 3088FR for back-to-back operation.
The Patton 3088FR enables interoperable physical access with 2.3 Mbps speeds at nx64 (n=1..36) over a single G.SHDSL G.991.2 pair of wires. The 3088FR -- with Annex B support -- is based on the ETSI and ITU G.SHDSL G.991.2 standards.
The 3088FR boasts easy installation with console, telnet, and WWW/SNMP management options via its integrated Ethernet port.
The 3088FR converts FR from the serial port to ATM over the DSL link making the DSLAM/DSL CPE network transparent to the Frame Relay service being offered. In the scenario below, the 3088FR located at a branch office takes FR traffic, via its serial port and converts it to ATM cells for network transmission. In this case, the conversion is done using FRF.8 for payload mapping and VPI/VCI to DLCI mapping. The Frame Relay traffic is then switched by the ATM network to a separate ATM or Frame Relay termination point.
Ordering information for this product is not publicly available at this time.
Please accept our apology as we regret any inconvenience to you.
For more information
about the availability of this product and/or alternative solutions,
please contact Patton's Product Management team at
email@example.com or +1 301 975 1000