Patton Electronics is seeking an experience Product Manager to own one or more product lines in Patton's Unified Communications and VoIP portfolio.
The Product Manager is responsible to drive profitability and meet established targets set by management including gross margin, net profit, product line strategy, lifecycle management, market and product requirements, product line roadmap input, competitive positioning, pricing and forecasting. The effective Product Manager will drive success of the product line by working with all organizations of the company – engineering, sales, marketing and support. A strong grasp of network technologies is essential, a background in network systems engineering or technical support are a great advantage.
- Generate product requirements definition and documentation (MRD), forecasting, product feature/functions, and determination, product release pipeline planning and optimization, product portfolio management.
- Determine the cost to create, deliver and support products
- Evaluate, track, and recommend opportunities to improve individual product and product portfolio profitability.
- Work with Management and Sales to establish product pricing based on market analysis, competitive analysis and profit/revenue objectives.
- Continually review marketplace and industry trends to identify and recommend new products and services or enhancements/revisions to existing products and services.
- Gather, compile and analyze quantitative market data (e.g., customer needs, market sizing, competitor offerings) to evaluate new products, services and upgrades.
- Survey current prospective customers and to determine potential demand for proposed new products and services.
- Create and maintain internal databases, as needed, to track and compile market research data, pricing models, product performance, competitive analysis, etc.
- Analyze the marketplace in states targeted for expansion to assist in determining what products and services to offer in those areas.
- Work with Product Marketing to recommend promotions, contribute content to outbound advertising.
- Monitor and review sales figures to evaluate customer response to new and existing products, services and rates.
- Develop of sales collateral and marketing communications materials, including product information collateral, sales and competitive & training presentations, FAQ’s, etc.
- Develop and Deliver sales and marketing product and technology training.
- Conduct a needs analysis for each product and the respective end-users.
- Generate/Enhance materials as needed and communicate via multiple vehicles to ensure that clear and accurate product information is acquired.
- Use market research analysis to recommend benefit-oriented advertising and promotion strategies for new and existing products and services.
- Successfully manage all aspects of assigned projects, including meeting assigned objectives, adherence to deadlines, adherence to budget, effective project coordination and follow through, and realization of desired results.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively work on and complete simultaneous multiple projects.
- Must have strong communications and planning skills to lead cross-organizational teams including engineering, marketing, and sales.
- Demonstrate sound judgment in all recommendations and decision-making taking into account all disciplines of the organization.
- Demonstrate a positive working relationship with all managers and employees when coordinating and participating in interdepartmental projects.
- Effectively manage time to ensure promptness in attendance, assignments, and due dates.
- Carefully review all work for accuracy and completeness.
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity in undertaking all assignments.
- Adhere to all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Represent Patton Electronics Company in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
- Keep VP of Product Management informed of the status of all assigned projects.
- Complete special projects as assigned by management.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills that reflect a philosophy of “lead by example”.
- Ability to coach, mentor, lead and motivate others to meet high performance standards and expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement process enhancements including technology and performance.
- Commitment to external and internal customer satisfaction.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to foster and promote open exchange of ideas and knowledge.
- Translate business needs and technology evolution into product strategies.
- Analytical skills for financial analysis (business plan development, P&L, cash flow pro-forma, profitability analysis).
- Knowledge of Layer 1 methods and techniques including Ethernet, IP, TDM, Wireless as well as understanding of legacy technologies including DSL, analog dial-up MODEM, ATM (AAL1, AAL5), G.703/G.704, T1/E1, ISDN (Q.921,Q.931), PPP, Frame Relay etc.
- Knowledge of the full range of Layer 2 and Layer 3 routing protocols and encapsulations current and emerging networking protocols. Emphasis on services/revenue opportunities for these protocols.
- Knowledge of VoIP protocols, especially SIP.
- Knowledge of carrier provisioning and element management systems required a plus.
- BA/BS in Engineering, Marketing or related business field required or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5+ years marketing experience and 3+ years product line management or new product development experience.
- Minimum of 3+ years network experience.
- MBA preferred.