As enterprises move move toward Unified Communications, the SmartNode™ 4950 offers a smooth transition to IP telephony by connecting your traditional phone equipment to next-generation VoIP networks and services.
Preserve your investment in legacy phone equipment while taking the next step toward Unified Communications. Least-cost call routing in Patton’s proven SmartNode™ VoIP solutions optimizes monthly expenses while flexible dialed-numbering plans maintain established business processes.
The Unified Communications Agent™ (UCA) provides any-to-any multi-path switching (simultaneous SIP, H.323, ISDN, and POTS calls with routing and conversion between TDM/PSTN and IP/Ethernet networks—plus T.38 and SuperG3 FAX) combined with dial-backup and IP-link redundancy for VoIP and data survivability. Provide VoIP-over-VPN security with voice encryption via IPsec with AES/DES strong encryption and automated keying via Internet Key Exchange (IKE), plus SIP Registrar for presence/reachability.
Advanced router functionality includes DownStreamQoS™ delivering the clear advantage of secure, uninterrupted voice-and-data communication.
Connect to any switch, PBX or data network with up to four T1/E1/PRI ports for up to 120 simultaneous calls using SIP, T1, E1 or PRI signaling. Like every SmartNode, the SN4950 supports all the industry-standard CODECs, delivering toll-quality voice on every call.
Ensure business continuity. Combining PSTN breakout with IP-link redundancy, SmartNode™ ensures voice-and-data survivability for reliable enterprise-class communications.
Additional options include Patton’s unique high-precision clock enabling first-line IP telephony services in demanding ISDN and DECT environments with reliable FAX and modem performance. The SN4950 also offers optional built-in 11.4 Mbps broadband access via 4-wire G.SHDSL.bis that reduces hardware costs, simplifies network architecture and streamlines service and deployment.
Convert Legacy PBX to VoIP
- Up to 120 VoIP calls... with up to four T1/E1/PRI ports and dual Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Unified Communications Agent™—Provides any-to-any multi-path switching with VoIP and data survivability, VoIP-over-VPN security with AES/DES strong encryption, Internet Key Exchange (IKE), and SIP Registrar.
- Secure Toll-Quality VoIP—Patton’s DownStreamQoS™ and Voice-over-VPN with adaptive traffic management and shaping for maximum voice quality and secure voice communication.
- Transparent Telephony Features—Complex number manipulation and mapping for seamless integration with existing infrastructures, CLIP, CLIR, hold, transfer and much more.
- G.SHDSL.bis Broadband Access—Optional 4-wire 11.4 Mbps G.SHDSL.bis WAN interface.
- Optional High Precision Clock—Delivers DECT PBX interoperability with reliable fax performance.
- Flexible mounting options—The device can be placed on a desktop or installed in a 19-inch rack using the optional rack ear kit (INS-KIT-RACKEARS-11/19)