The Patton Model 305X Series limited distance multiplexers combine two functions into one handy product. First, each Model 305X Series unit is a time division multiplexer (TDM), multiplexing 4, 6 or 8 individual RS-232- or RS-422- devices onto a single composite channel. Second, each Model 305X Series unit is a short range modem, supporting point-to-point communication at distances up to 6,000 ft (1.8 km) over two unconditioned twisted pairs. All Model 305X Series units support end-to-end software flow control, and are equipped with local and remote loopback tests. (The Model 3054 and 3056 also support RTS/CTS hardware flow control.) In addition, diagnostic LEDs show each sub-channel's status. All data interfaces are ported to modular RJ-45 jacks, and various D-sub adapter cables are available from Patton.
- Multiplexes 4, 6 or 8 async devices onto two twisted pairs
- Simultaneous sub-channel data rates up to 19.2 kbps
- Two-pair distances up to 6000 ft (1.8 km) between multiplexers
- Support for RS-232 or RS-422 interfaces on modular RJ-45 connectors (D-sub adapter cables available)
- End-to-end software flow control
- Hardware (RTS/CTS) flow control (Models 3054 & 3056)
- Local and remote loopback tests
- LEDs monitor TD, RD (each sub-channel), link and diagnostics
- Miniature plastic enclosure fits in tight installation spaces
- Made in the USA — This Patton equipment is designed by Patton engineers and built in our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility. Patton's American-made manufacturing process delivers high-quality networking solutions with reliability you can trust.