The Patton Model 2018 is an optically isolated, multi-function RS-232 to 20mA current loop converter: Hook it up to an active 20mA current loop circuit and it's a passive converter. Hook it up to a passive 20mA current loop circuit, add DC power to one of several DB-25 interface pins, and it's an active converter. Connect two units together, supply DC power to one interface, and it's an optically isolated RS-232 distance extender.
- Operates Actively or Passively
- Data Rates from 50 bps to 19.2 kbps
- Range to 4 Miles (6.4Km) over Two 24 AWG (.5mm) Twisted Pair
- No AC Power Required; Draws Necessary Power for (Passive) Operation from RS-232 Interface
- Optically Isolated on Line Side
- DB-25 Connectors on Both Ends
- External DCE/DTE Switch
- Two Units Work Together as Optically Isolated RS-232 Distance Extenders
- Made in the USA — This Patton equipment is designed by Patton engineers and built in our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility. Patton's American-made manufacturing process delivers high-quality networking solutions with reliability you can trust.
The Model 2018 supports data rates to 19.2 Kbps, and current loop distances to 4 miles (6.4Km) over two twisted pair. The Model 2018 connects directly to either the RS-232 interface or the 20mA current loop interface using a male or female DB-25 connector. An external DCE/DTE switch eliminates the need for RS-232 crossover cables.
||RS-232 TO CURRENT LOOP CONV.
||RS-232 TO CURRENT LOOP CONV FM