- Up to three 10/100 Ethernet Ports—Easily bridge the gap between the LAN
and Core Network with differentiated service offerings
- Extensive IP Routing Support—Support for RIP, OSPF, and BGP4 allows easy interoperability and integration.
- IP User Management—DNS caching, NAT, NAPT, IGMP, DiffServ, & RADIUS make it easy to create and manage any service. Add L2TP LAC or GRE for per-user tunnels.
- VLANs—Support the transparent passing of VLAN traffic or add VLAN tags to facilitate core switching
- Firewall&emdash;Built in IP address and IP port filtering, makes firewall services a snap.
- SNMP/HTTP Management—SNMP/HTTP manageable from anywhere in the world including
attached CPE units
- NAT/PAT—Easily perform IP address and IP port translation on any interface
The Model 6081RC is an access router and VLAN aggregator for the ForeFront AIS
that is optimized to process traffic from multiple channelized T1/E1 and DSL
interfaces. The EdgeRoute converts any ForeFront AIS chassis into a powerful
IpDSLAM and modular access router. The 6081RC is available with up to three
10/100BaseT Ethernet ports and takes advantage of any port attached to a ForeFront
System for servicing the most bandwidth hungry access applications.
the supported RADIUS Accounting and Authentication features of the 6081RC to
provide dynamic service authentication to any user. With RADIUS, existing subscriber
profiles do not need to change and integration with existing billing systems
can be maintained when migrating the user from dial-up to dedicated DSL or TDM
tailor and manage the level of service to the needs of the organization. Filter by IP address, IP port, or by physical
port. Provide routed IP service using RIP, OSPF, or static routes. Use NAT/PAT
for masquerading applications or to perform simple translation. Support simple
bridged traffic, transparently passing VLAN tagged frames or add VLAN tags to
enhance the switching of traffic by the core network.
SSH, secure management connections into the unit are a snap. The 6081RC supports
a very easy to use WWW/SNMP interface permitting control and configuration from
any PC or workstation with a web browser. Compatibility with SNMP management
platforms permit easy integration into almost any established networking environment.
The Model 6081RC
is a feature rich service provisioning platform with the ease of management
required by service providers. Included with the purchase of every unit is free
initial configuration support, one year of free technical services, one year
warranty, and free software upgrades. Features include:
added Routing Features
wholesaling capabilities supported via Layer 2
IP port and address filtering facilitates basic firewall configurations.
accounting, authentication, and authorization (AAA) make the migration
of subscribers to high speed services a snap.
for reliable time stamping