- Async or Sync Operation
- 4-Wire Half or Full Duplex/2-Wire Half Duplex Only
- RS-232 Data Rates to 57.6 kbps
- Distances over 17 Miles (27.4 Km)
- Point-to-Point or Multipoint
- V.54 and V.52 Test Modes
- Automatic Equalization/Gain Control
- Internal, External or Received Recover Clocking in Sync. Mode
- Custom VLSI Noise Filter Chip
- Transformer Isolation/Surge Protection
- Anti-Streaming Timer
- LED Status Indicators
- Fully Compatible with the Model 1040
- Made in the USA — This Patton equipment is designed by Patton engineers and built in our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility. Patton's American-made manufacturing process delivers high-quality networking solutions with reliability you can trust.
The Model 1080A AC Powered, Universal Short Range Modem is the bread and butter of our RS-232 short haul line, and it's now tastier than ever! Recent improvements in the Model 1080A include better distances (up to 17 miles [27.4Km] on one or two unconditioned twisted pair), support for higher data rates (up to 57.6 kbps), and the addition of a built-in V.52 BER test pattern generator.Of course, the Model 1080A retains all the features that you have already come to expect: asynchronous or synchronous RS-232 operation, half duplex communication over two wires or a choice of half or full duplex communication over four wires, support for point-to-point or multipoint applications, and fully compliant V.54 test modes (local analog loop and remote digital loop).
Automatic features include equalization, gain control and noise filtering (a separate filter for each data rate is built into a custom VLSI chip). To combat the many nemeses of clear data transmission, the Model 1080A includes surge protection (guards against transients), transformer isolation (eliminates ground looping) and a new anti-streaming timer (stops data streaming).
The Model 1080A packs a lot of convenience into a little box: Front panel LEDs give a clear picture of link status, V.54 tests can be activated remotely or via the front panel, and the unit can be externally configured (no need to open the case). Best of all, the Model 1080A standalone is fully compatible with the Model 1080A rack card and the new self-powered Model 1040 short haul.
Model 1080A Rack Card Features V.54 and V.52 Diagnostics
The Model 1080ARC fits in Patton's 2U high rack chassis and 2/4/8 ClusterBoxesTM. Just like it's standalone counterpart, the Model 1080ARC generates its own 511 and 511E BER test patterns according to the V.52 standard. Four plug-in rear interface cards are available.