With global expansion of the Internet of Things (IoT), demand for IP/Ethernet-connected devices is soaring. Billions of devices are already capable of connecting to the Internet. Ethernet—and power-over-Ethernet (PoE) in particular—has grown in popularity because it strikes the perfect blend of speed, cost, and ease of use.
- Ethernet Extension—Extends 10/100Base-TX Ethernet over 3,300 feet (1005 meters) using 2-wire, 24-AWG twisted-pair, Cat 3, Cat 5e/6/7, or coaxial cable.
- Delivers PoE—PowerPlus technology powers up both the remote CopperLink extender and the PoE enabled device connected to it. No power is required at the remote location.
- Transparent LAN Bridging—Will pass higher layer industrial Ethernet protocols such as BACnetIP, EtherCAT and Modbus TCP.
- Plug and Play—Modems need no configuration to operate, Ethernet ports are auto-sensing 10/100, full or half-duplex.
- Overvoltage Protection—Overvoltage protection on Line and Ethernet ports prevents damage from ESD (electrostatic discharge), CDE (cable discharge events), and lightning.
- Outdoor Operation—Overvoltage protection on Line and Ethernet ports prevents damage from ESD (electrostatic discharge), CDE (cable discharge events), and lightning.
- Made in the USA—This Patton equipment is designed by Patton engineers and built in our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility. Patton's American-made manufacturing process delivers high-quality networking solutions with reliability you can trust.
Ethernet, however, presents a few drawbacks that may overshadow the benefits by creating escalating infrastructure costs and system downtime. The Ethernet standard specifies a distance limitation of 328 ft (100 m), which restricts location options for device installation. Standard Ethernet also requires Cat 5 cabling or better, which often leads to installing new cabling infrastructure—involving tearing into walls, ceilings, pavement, and worse.
The CopperLink 1101E/IP67 kit from Patton enables Ethernet connectivity over previously installed copper infrastructure. The solution breathes new life into circuits previously deployed for such traditional non-IP applications as RS232/485 HVAC and building automation controls, alarms, CCTV, analog phones, intercom speakers, and others.
Instantaneously install PoE-capable devices such as wireless access points (WAPs), IP cameras, IP telephones, IP door stations, HVAC controls, LED lighting and more—with no additional overhead cost. With the extended reach the CL1101E kit provides, you can install your IP terminal equipment exactly where you want it! Flexibility of device location is paramount in such applications as building security, where increased perimeter dimension and expanded spot coverage area are critical.
Extend Power and Ethernet to compliant or legacy PoE devices using already installed twisted-pair cable or coax
Ordering information for this product is not publicly available at this time.
Please accept our apology as we regret any inconvenience to you.
For more information
about the availability of this product and/or alternative solutions,
please contact Patton's Product Management team at
email@example.com or +1 301 975 1000