The Patton Model 465RC TeleMatch G.703 rack mount balun panel lets you match the connectors, impedance and signal characteristics of up to 16 dual coax 1.6/5.6 connections (75-ohm) with up to 16 twisted-pair connections (120 ohm).
- Use 120-ohm twisted-pair wiring with unbalanced coaxial equipment.
- Uses 1.6/5.6 coaxial connectors.
- No more buying expensive and space-hungry hardware for patching and distributing G.703 connections.
- Low-cost model supports rates of 2 Mbps (faster versions are available for rates up to 155 Mbps).
- Low insertion loss, fully meets ITU-T (CTR12) G.703 standards.
- Standard twisted-pair terminations.
- Low profile design
- Mounts in standard 19-inch (48.3 cm) rack
- No AC power or batteries required
- Male or female coax BNC connectors available
- Baluns are 100% tested for reliability and durability.
- Made in the USA — This Patton equipment is designed by Patton engineers and built in our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility. Patton's American-made manufacturing process delivers high-quality networking solutions with reliability you can trust.
The Model 465 has the 1.6/5.6 coax connectors used extensively in telephone exchange sites. The balun has two interfaces, so both the TX and RX coax signals can be carried over a single length of twisted-pair cabling (which is much less costly than any kind of coaxial cable) (see diagrams below).
Operating in compliance with the CCITT G.703 specification, the Model 465RC occupies only 2U (3.5 in./8.9 cm) of vertical rack space in a 19-in. (48.3-cm) rack—allowing for efficient multiport matching. What's more, the Model 465RC is modular, meaning that each balun can be added separately. Purchase an entire panel fully populated with 16 balun modules (Model 465RC/16/F). Or purchase the chassis separately (Model 465R/16) and add balun modules (Model 465RC/F) as you need them!
On individual twisted pair ports, shield-to-pin and shield-to-ground connections are strap selectable. So you are not locked into the same configuration for every balun in the panel. If you need to do multiple 75-ohm to 120-ohm conversions, the Model 465RC is definitely the way to go!
||16 CHANNEL RACKMOUNT,G.703 BALUN
||SINGLE CHANNEL RACKMOUNT,G.703 BALUN